this takes time to digest … slow down and read/study it
CLIFF NOTES: the market has rallied since the August lows … this move up is impulsive which give probability to the bulls that were going to continue. that being said, SELL patterns are present as of the past couple days so I expect resistance or a churn for the next week. In looking at the DOW please read below – sure looks like it wants to go up to 22,000.
I am posting this again because I want to spend some time “looking” at the picture that is created below. It’s using LOG’s and Musical scale properties and, if you study it you’ll see how the market “zoomed” up into the next octave and that’s exactly where it’s been stuck for the past 15 years. Most, if not all of the turns have been one of these levels ….so, to “end” the next octave we need to get up to 22,000. That’s another 20% or so … it sure seems to ‘want’ to do it.
Just a pattern guy and I sense/feel the craziness creeping in all over …. but that really doesn’t matter does it? The market DOES WHAT IT WANTS and a “sprint” up to 22,000 on the DOW just doesn’t seem out of the question.
Here’s the art … just study the picture and see the math/music at work .. it’s an incredible picture. Also, note the importance of the major third. folks you can’t make this up … that ratio was present at the 1987 high and the 2007 high. Is that a coincidence? Someone please prove me wrong here OR the biggest hedge funds in the world – Citadel, Paul Tudor Jones, Steve Cohen, etc – were all waiting right at those NUMBERS to short the market. Me, I don’t think so … no, I think there is something actually more powerful at work. But we’ll leave that for a discussion face to face over a nice glass of wine …
either way, here’s the chart again and another chart showing the “as above” – “so below” technique … again, looks like 22,000 is the target.
enjoy and let me know if you have any questions … one last, read below regarding the EXACT high on the NYSE using LOGS and the price of the all time low (move the decimal) – folks you can’t make this shit up.
What a great day yesterday … was working thru what my wife calls the “man flu,” it was pouring rain and nothing but great college football and logs. I know, that was geeky but during half-time of the Navy vs AF game I just sat down in front of my computer and said “self, let’s see if music is really involved in the market.” I think it is …
- I have never done this before, what you see is the result of starting from the all time low of 28.48 on 08/08/1896 some 43,250 calendar days ago as of this posting and simply “did the math.”
- the frequency of a string is:
- inversely proportional to the square root of its length and
- directly proportional to square root of it’s tension
- here is a chart of the notes and the ratio’s and their inverses
- the frequency of a string is:
- Here is the math:
- 28.48 LN = 3.3492
- 3.34492 + ratio of equal octave scale = XXX
- anti-log of XXX = YYY
- plot YYY on long term monthly of DJIA
- For example:
- NOTE E: ratio 1.259921 and the inverse 1/1.259921 = .7937005
- 3.3492+.7937005 = 4.1429005
- 4.1386205 anti-log = 13896
- interesting to note how close that was to the top in 2007
- some 20 years prior the same “E” was wreaking havoc – here’s the math
- 3.3492+.07937005 (note the number stays the same – JUST SHIFT THE DECIMAL POINT) = 3.42857005
- anti-log of 3.42857005 =2683
is it any coincidence that the musical note E was found in 1987 and 2007 from the all time low in 1896?
So what does this mean? Well, take a look at the chart … in 1997 the market came up and started another octave and has been banging in/around C-E for the past 20+ years. Note, the market did not CLOSE below the start of the octave “C” in 2009 … if I was in charge (and trust me I’m not) I sure think this market naturally wants to finish it’s symphony, so to speak, so is 22K out of the question? Who knows but I’m certainly going to be aware of these long term targets from 1896 as a guide.
Here’s a look on the way down …
Happy Hunting and study up …